[mythtv-users] AMD64 and the PVR-350 firmware

James Colannino james at colannino.org
Fri Aug 25 19:42:01 UTC 2006

John Drescher wrote:

> With multilib you can do this in a limited way, but you can not use 32
> bit drivers with a 64 bit kernel.

That's true.  I actually need to read more about multilib.  I'd like to
avoid running a 32-bit chroot if at all possible, and I'll need to run a
32-bit browser (for flash) and possibly mplayer (for codecs.)

> The firmware executes on the card via the processing units on the card
> so it does not need to change for amd64.

Ah, that's good.  I don't have to worry then :)

Thanks for the information.

James
--
My blog: http://www.crazydrclaw.com/
My homepage: http://james.colannino.org/

"Black holes are where God divided by zero." --Steven Wright