[mythtv-users] 8774 Kernel Drivers Not Yet Ready on ATRPMS - Upgrade Will Not Work With Out Them

William Munson wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Fri Aug 25 17:13:57 UTC 2006

Mache Creeger wrote:
> yum automatically updated me to the new driver.  The kernel interfaces
> for 8774 are not yet ready on atrpms so as of now I have no GUI - it
> crashes on X startup.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to roll back the driver to 8762?
>
> Axel Thimm where are you?
>
> -- Mache
You should be able to remove the existing driver with apt but I am not
sure how to force a version without using synaptic. Personally I would
probably go and remove the apt version and then I would download the
.run file from nVidia and manually build and install it. Its super easy
as the installer walks you thru the steps.