[mythtv-users] D11 USB control via Windows

Jeff Simpson jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu
Fri Aug 25 16:09:23 UTC 2006

On 8/25/06, Jesse Keeler <jesse.keeler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to control my D11 box using the directv2.pl perl script. I have
> installed the COM Port Toolkit in order to test the box.
>
> I am inputting the following commands and getting the following responses:
> 000001 22:21:23.520  FA A5 00 01 E3 ú¥..ã
> 000001 22:21:23.530  7A 25 00 01 63     z%..c
> I am not sure what to make of the response coming back, but I know that it
> is not successful.

That call looks correct, assuming you wanted to press the button "3".
You're right, that response is not correct, It's not even a valid
error. Something must either be wrong with the STB or the serial
connection to it.

According to the command guide
(http://www.sbcatest.com/installers_help_d10.pdf), The response to
those commands should start with one of the STB Responses in section
4.5, which are F0 through FF, (not including F8, FA, FC, and FE).

Can you verify the line speed, parity, stop bits and data bits that
you have it set up to use? Also, which sub-model of the D11 box are
you using?

 - Jeff