[mythtv-users] New install - Backend, multiple frontends - reccomendations

list at onnow.net list at onnow.net
Fri Aug 25 15:55:24 UTC 2006

That server should be plenty.  A terabyte of space should be good too.
  It depends on how much you record.  Though if you have 6 tuner
cards, you must be planing on alot.  The Hauppauge PVR500 ( Two tuners
in one card so you would only need 3 ) are very good.  Quite stable in
my experience anyway.

I would carry gig to all desktops.  Not much extra expense these days if any.

Also, deiskless is alot of extra effort.  Again, small harddrives are
cheap and you can install many and use with just  a frontend with
minimal effort.
Diskless takes some effort and will cause problems/confusion on setup.

Mark