[mythtv-users] Using Macs as Front/Back-End

Taylan Pince taylan at taylanpince.com
Fri Aug 25 12:37:45 UTC 2006

Hello,

I know there is a separate thread about using mac mini for front-end,
but how about back-end? I have a G5 1.8 that I am currently using,
and I am thinking about buying an intel mac mini to install Ubuntu on
and create a MythTV back-end, which I would connect to using my G5.

I have no big ambitions like HD, I just want something to record
shows and experiment with, but I am not sure if mini can handle the
load.

Another question is, how would I hook the mini up to the cable tv if
I were to create this setup?

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Cheers,
Taylan Pince