[mythtv-users] Need help with Analog spdif and IEC958 using ALSA

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Aug 24 23:56:44 UTC 2006

On 08/23/2006 05:05 PM, Gregg wrote:

>Originally when it was setup using fc3 it worked as you say.

>  For reference my .asoundrc file is set to:

> device 2  #Was device 0 in fc3

Device numbers are "in the hardware" and won't change due to a different
OS/driver version.  They will only change if you install different
(brand/model) hardware.

However, the device number for IEC958 is definitely correct for the SB
Live! at device 2.  Therefore, my theory is that you weren't using
digital output on FC3 (which may be why it worked everywhere on FC3).
Did you also have analog outputs plugged in when you were using FC3?

Mike