[mythtv-users] myth 0.19 and tv_grab_il

OJ ole at legaard.net
Thu Aug 24 21:15:47 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 13:58 -0700, Aviv Eliezer wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i'm using mythtv 0.19- and tv_grab_il - the xml grabber for israel.
> the grabber works fine, but it looks like there's no way for it to
> register it at mythtv-
> so on mythtv-setup i have no way to tell the video source is
> tv_grab_il (israel).
> is there a simple way to register tv_grab_il at mythtv?
> also, assuming there's no such way- can anyone provide insight as to
> how to run mythfilldatabase with it?
>
> i tried changing the field "xmltvgrabber" at videosource table, but
> i'm not sure if it's working the way it should.. any help would be
> appreciated !
>
> thanks.

Hi
You have a couple of options to do this. I don't use tv_grab_il, but I
suppose it is similar.

1. You can add support for new grabbers by modifying the following
files: libs/libmythtv/videosource.cpp and
programs/mythfilldatabase/filldata.cpp. This means you have to recompile
mythtv.

2. You can trick mythfilldatabase by making a symlink from one of the
existing grabbers to your grabber.

3. You can do:
#tv_grab_il > listing.xml
#mythfilldatabase --file 1 -1 listing.xml (1 is number for the video
source to use with this file)