[mythtv-users] MythstreamTV (and mythweb) question

Drew Bernat abernat at zathras.net
Thu Aug 24 20:03:07 UTC 2006

On Aug 24, 2006, at 2:27 PM, catfish wrote:

> I dumped the database and the only thing I found with myth:// is the
> tvchain table, which seems to be related to LiveTv. Are you tring to
> look at the livetv recordings? Does it happen even with scheduled
> recordings? Also what version of myth (from where) and distro are you
> running?

0.19, Gentoo, and for scheduled as well.

I have a theory - that mythbackend is returning a myth:// URL instead
of a local file. The decision seems to depend on whether a given
request is "local", and that means matching machine names. I'm
rebuilding a backend now that dumps names out when the request comes
in and we'll see what it prints.

My guess is that it's a name mismatch - possibly name vs IP or similar.

Thanks!

Drew

> catfish wrote:
>> Try looking at mythweb's config file. On my system (fc4) it's at
>> /var/www/html/config/conf.php, there is a define for video_url that
>> changes the url and comes with examples including file:// and
>> myth://.
>> Don't recall which is default since I've changed it a few times. This
>> does change the way that mythweb creates links but I don't know about
>> mythstreamtv.
>
> Drew Bernat wrote:
>> When I access mythstreamtv and select a show, the file name handed to
>> VLC is a "myth://" protocol URL, not a local file. VLC, then,
>> complains that it doesn't know how to handle the myth:// protocol.
>>
>> I've looked through the mythweb code, and it appears that the myth://
>> file name is getting handed to mythweb/mythstreamtv from the backend.
>> Is there any way to modify how that gets passed through?

Drew Bernat
abernat at zathras.net
"Gentlemen, the stegosaur. Discuss" -- Axe Koala, 8-bit Theater