[mythtv-users] ir blaster and changing channels

William Munson wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Thu Aug 24 19:06:43 UTC 2006

Timothy Braje wrote:
> William Munson wrote:
>
>> Timothy Braje wrote:
>>
>>> Does IR/Blaster LiveTV channel changing work for anyone?  I have checked
>>> my configuration.  I have included logging in the channel change script.
>>>   It is clear that the channel change script is not being called while I
>>> am within LiveTV.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>

>> It works for me. Both live tv and scheduled recordings. If course I am
>> not using lirc to control the blaster. I have a pair of MyBlaster
>> commercial devices which  use a perl script for control.

> That is interesting.  That means that at least your script is being
> called.  Mine is not.  I am using the V4L drivers with a pc3000 card
> (yeah, I know, it is overkill, but I just moved from Portland, OR where
> I was able to get OTA HD channels, and am now in a place where I get
> none).  Is there some configuration I need to do on the front end?  I am
> using 0.19-fixes from about 6 weeks ago.

Nothing special on my end. The scripts are located in /usr/bin with
root:root ownership and 755 permissions. If you are having issues I
would try deleting and reconfiguring your cards and their associated
input assignments. Chances are you have something screwed up in your
config. Like the other person said, maybe you have 2 copies in the
database..