[mythtv-users] Need IVTV-0.6.3 which will compile or the modules

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Aug 24 05:13:43 UTC 2006

I don't know if it is just me or Fedora Core 5 with kernel
2.6.17-1.2174, but over the weekend three of my machines, which had been
upgraded all failed. Different apparent reasons, but I think the 2.6.17
has done something funny with ACL's.. the desktop ceased printing and
the error points to an ACL problem.

The mythbox failed with a '/tmp directory is full' error...when there
was at least 3 G available.

Re-installed FC5 on the mythbox with the original CD's. But ivtv0.6.3
WILL NOT compile. It throws multiple and myriad errors.

SO although I can now watch my recorded shows (didn't lose any of them
and the mythconverg database as backed up to a USB key) I cannot record
anything from analog cable. (Not sure, at the moment, if I can get
digital cable either, but I think so.

So what I need is a full set of all of the '.ko' files produced by
making ivtv-0.6.3. If anyone is still running on the FC5 install kernel
(which is actually a 2.6.16pre-release kernel despite being labelled as
2.6.15-1.2054..)