[mythtv-users] MythTV and a DirecTV HD reciever

Disconnect mythtv at gotontheinter.net
Wed Aug 23 23:49:44 UTC 2006

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006, Daniel Walton did have cause to say:

> That would be cool if you could add a HD-Tivo as a "tuner" for myth.  Just how
> hacked are the old hd-tivos?

Every bit as hacked as the non-HD tivos (dunno about series-3 so don't ask
:) ..) which means that its possible to do just about anything
programatically. Its just a question of how much of a PITA it will be.  What
I had running (briefly, and it broke) was just a list-and-stream setup,
mostly independent of myth. (What I have now is even more so - if I want to
see whats on the s2 directivo, I hit 'watch tivo' and a tv
capture/deinterlace app runs.)

In theory, with enough work, you could get it running as a tuner and storage
buffer.  In practice, I'd be happy with a way to integrate the
streaming/playing with the main myth recordings list.. (and the commercial
flagging, etcetc)