[mythtv-users] Adding a second HDTV card

Andrew Casper andrew at andrewcasper.com
Wed Aug 23 21:56:36 UTC 2006

On Aug 23, 2006, at 9:42 AM, Tim Scholl wrote:

> I want to add an additional pcHDTV card to my installation.  Since
> this is an additional adapter I assume that I will need to stop the
> backend, run setup to add the card and attach it to the correct
> source.   Since it will use the same source as the 1st pcHDTV I
> don't think I need to do a channel scan or do I ?
>
> Is there anything else that needs to be done to complete the
> installation?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Tim Scholl

It would be nice if that were true, but it is not. You will have to
do another channel scan because the multiplex numbers are tied to a
specific input card. In my case I started with 18 multiplexes on a
single card and added a second pcHDTV to get 36 multiplexes -
multiplex 1 is the same as 19 except for the source card, 2 is to 20,
etc.

- Andrew