[mythtv-users] snd-bt87x dsp : was snd-bt87x not detected?

Michael Lynch lynchmv at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 12:47:40 UTC 2006

<---snip--->
> I changed modprobe.conf around and cut part into modprobe.d/tv.  For
> some reason snd_bt87x module doesn't load on boot anymore.  I don't
> understand modprobe or udev or how modules are loaded very well.  This
> is my new modprobe.d/tv file:
>
> alias char-major-81 bttv
> options char-major-81 card=63 gbuffers=4 automute=0 tuner=2
> alias tuner0 tuner
>
> # ALSA portion
> alias char-major-116 snd
> alias snd-card-1 snd-bt87x
> options snd-card-1 index=1 load_all=1
> # module options should go here
>
> # OSS/Free portion
> alias char-major-14 soundcore
>
> # card #1
>
> # OSS/Free portion - card #1
> alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
> alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
> alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
> alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
> alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
> alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
>
> # OSS/Free portion - card #2 (cmipci)
> alias sound-slot-1  snd-card-1
> alias sound-service-1-0 snd-mixer-oss
> alias sound-service-1-3 snd-pcm-oss
> alias sound-service-1-12 snd-pcm-oss
>

> #alias sound-slot-1 snd-bt87x
> #alias sound-service-1-0 snd-bt87x
>

> #alias sound-slot-2      btaudio
> #alias sound-service-2-0 btaudio
>
> -Eric Hattemer

I have a WinTV card that uses the snd-bt87x module and if I remember I
had the same problem originally.  Here is the relevant portion of my
modprob.conf:

##########

### Onboard sound to dsp0
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
options snd-card-0 index=0
options snd-intel8x0 index=0
remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0 >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ;
}; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-intel8x0

### Get sound from WinTV to dsp1
alias snd-card-1 snd-bt87x
options snd-card-1 index=1
options snd-bt87x index=1
remove snd-bt87x { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0 >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
/sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-bt87x