[mythtv-users] Remote just quit

barbex barbex at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 08:13:03 UTC 2006

> What I can't figure out is
> why the remote seems to stop operating when I run the myth frontend.
> The remote is the A415-HPG on a Hauppauge PVR-350.
>
> I can drop to a console and run irw and press remote buttons to see the
> screen indicate which button I've pressed.

I had sort of the same problem and all I needed to do was to have
irexec autostart. Try starting it in a console and see if it works.
You also need a file that tells mythtv what to do if buttons are
pressed but I suppose you know that. If not, check section 7 of this
howto: http://hyams.webhop.net/mythtv/myth_ubuntu.html , you can
download a sample file for the PVR-150 that works fine with the
PVR-350.

barb