[mythtv-users] winfast 2000 coax (TV) input for STB

Rob S myth at zerogeek.net
Tue Aug 22 04:04:56 UTC 2006

Hey there,

I've been a myth user for a few years now (first time
poster)....great work guys, I really enjoy it.  I've recently moved
and consequently made the switch from cable to direct TV.  Today I
got the channel changing working via Jeff's great wiki entry (http://
www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Controlling_DirectTV_D11_via_USB).
However, I didn't read the fine print and went through 2 USB-serial
cables before I finally got a correct one.  Anyway, I finally get to
my point.  I've got a winfast 2000 as the subject states and can't
seem to get the coax input to work correctly from the STB (directv
D11-500).  I have it set to channel 3 and if I connect this directly
to the TV I see a picture perfectly.  I'm pretty sure I have myth
configured correctly (it changes channels and I can hear audio) but
the picture is pretty scambled (mostly blue or green).  Running iptv-
tune -c 3 -d /dev/video0 doesn't seem to do anything to the picture.
Are there any other methods for determining if the tuner is really
set to channel 3 like it should?  Would like to just use s-video but
I can't find the composite/s-video dongle for the winfast 2000.

Thanks,
Rob