[mythtv-users] Can't escape from some modules

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Aug 22 00:03:27 UTC 2006

On 08/21/2006 01:19 PM, Andrew Ingram wrote:

>>Thanks for those links Mike. I've checked them out and I'm
>>pretty sure it's nothing to do with xine (I never run it,
>>don't even think it's installed).

xine is only one program that was known to cause it.  /Any/ external
program can cause it.

>>However, I'll try moving the mouse about and see what happens
>>when this happens next. I'm not hopeful though since, apart
>>from escape, I had full control of all the other keyboard
>>commands in MythWeather. I've seen this happen in MythMusic,
>>MythWeather, MythGallery and MythVideo. It's always escaping
>>out that is the only control not working :\
>>
>Just an update now that I'm home with my Myth box. I went into MythWeather
>and couldn't escape. Tried moving the mouse - nothing.

You have to move the mouse outside the Myth GUI and then back in so that
the "focus follows mouse" code kicks in to re-focus Myth.  Based on the
rest of your description, I'm certain that it's a "partial focus" issue.

Mike