[mythtv-users] Once started, ripping a CD can't be stopped?

Jason jhaar-mythtv at whanau.org
Mon Aug 21 18:46:46 UTC 2006

William wrote:
> AFAIK the mtd daemon is responsible for ripping dvd's so a simple remote
> kill and restart should release things but it may be as simple of a problem
> as a focus issue sending your keystrokes to the wrong application. Try
> setting your desktop behavior to focus follows mouse and see if that lets
> you abort the job.

You are referring to DVD ripping - not CD, but the issue is the same. I
am using MythTV via *a remote control* - sorry for not explicitly
mentioning that.

As such, the "experience" should be totally drivable by the remote. And
bringing-up-a-shell-suing-to-root-killing-process-and-restarting doesn't
quite fit that mould :-)

As MythTV is obviously designed to be driven by a remote, I am really
asking why some parts of it aren't