[mythtv-users] Transcode Support will not be in MythDVD

William Munson wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Mon Aug 21 11:00:18 UTC 2006

Bruce Nordstrand wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am trying to recompile MythDVD and configure is telling me Transcode
> support will not be built. Checking with rpm -q transcode and rpm -q
> libdvdread tells me they are both installed. Can anyone give me a way to
> compile Transcode support in.
>
> Cheers
> Bruce

If you take a look at the configure script with a decent text editor and
do a search for "transcode" you will discover a section of the script
where it is looking for a specific lib module for each enable-able
option. Looking at mine it appears to be looking for libdvdnav. More
specifically its looking for libdvdnav-devel which contains the header
info the compiler uses when compiling in support for that module.