[mythtv-users] Problem compiling cvs & 0.19 myth

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Aug 21 03:05:00 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 15:49 -0400, Justin M. Hunt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to get my computer back up after the power outage last week, and I'm having a bit of a problem with myth.  when I try to emerge mythtv (on gentoo 2006.0) i get
>  * MythTV requires Qt to be built with mysql and opengl use flags enabled.
>  * Please re-emerge =x11-libs/qt-3, after having the use flags set.
>
> When i try to compile from cvs i get: (this is from my build tree, the settings revamp, however its not anywhere i modified code, since it was compiling before the crash)
>
> In file included from dialogbox.h:6,
>                  from dialogbox.cpp:11:
> mythdialogs.h:7:18: qdom.h: No such file or directory
> mythdialogs.h:8:22: qptrlist.h: No such file or directory
> mythdialogs.h:13:26: qvaluevector.h: No such file or directory
> mythdialogs.h:14:25: qscrollview.h: No such file or directory
>
> I know i have QT 4.1.4 installed with mysql and opengl support, and i can find those files in /usr/include/ or  /usr/qt/3/include/ so i just dont get it.  What do i have to do?

MythTV uses Qt 3.x not Qt 4.x.

So you need Qt 3.x installed; it probably already is.

And you need to make sure MythTV uses Qt 3.x and not
Qt 4.x. This is done by putting something like "/usr/qt/3/bin"
in your path, and by setting the QTDIR environment variable
to something like "/usr/qt/3". Where "/usr/qt/3" is your
Qt 3.x directory. It may be in "/opt/qt" or "/usr/qt3" depending
on your distribution.

-- Daniel