[mythtv-users] ESPN2HD via firewire

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 00:26:32 UTC 2006

Recording via firewire is working pretty will for me.  As long as the
channel changes correclty, I get a good record.  Channel changing is
only about 96% reliable on my SA3250HD.

The one channel I cannot record, that I should be able to, is ESPN2HD.
 All of my other digital channels come across as "copy free".  ESPN2HD
comes across as "copy once", and the cable box will not feed data to
my firewire card.  My local Comcast claims that they just pass through
whatever ESPN sends them, and therefore it is ESPN that is setting
that flag incorrectly.  Is this true?  Can no one record ESPN2HD via
firewire?

Thanks,

John