[mythtv-users] Reserving an encoder for an external program?

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at larsshack.org
Sun Aug 20 13:08:48 UTC 2006

I'd like to use my MythTv box to record radio programs from the FM
tuner in my PVR-500.  My understanding is that the stock MythTV build
doesn't include support for scheduling radio recordings, so I'd like
to use an external program to accomplish this task.

The obvious requirement is that I find some way to do this that
doesn't conflict with existing scheduled recordings.

I'm hoping that there's some way to schedule "idle time" for an
encoder in advance, or otherwise ask MythTV to leave an encoder alone
at specific times so that it can be used by an external program.  Or,
I guess, somehow shoehorn MythTV into doing all this for me.  I'm
running MythTV 0.19.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

  -- Lars