[mythtv-users] [OT?] Anyone having trouble with DVB-T, Crystal Palace, UK?

ken scratchbuild at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 09:38:28 UTC 2006

 On Friday 18 August 2006 00:18, Stephen Boddy wrote:
>> Missed about 4 programs this evening. Multiplexes won't lock, can't scan
>> channels or anything!

>Looks like my four way aerial splitter/booster has died.

Hello,
I am actually trying to convert my Windows Media Center into a MythTV
box (for various reasons) and I *am* experiencing problems with DVB-T
from Crystal Palace.

In Windows MCE,  reception is fine, but it's spotty for some of the
multiplexes in Myth. I get a lot of these errors in the terminal:

[mpeg2video @ 0xb746c6c4]ac-tex damaged at 3 13

Myth says that my signal strength is between 58 to 64% on both good
muxes and bad ones.

I am currently terrible reception for Five and abc1 (mux 561833330) ,
and slightly spotty reception from BBC1 (mux 505833330) and TMF (mux
537833330).

Does anybody else have this problem? If so, how did you solve it?

Thanks in advance.
/ken