[mythtv-users] Disk space is not freed from deleted recording until mythbackend exits

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sat Aug 19 17:05:53 UTC 2006

Brian Foddy <bfoddy at visi.com> says:
> I'm glad to read from the ticket there is an OFF switch to this.
> I must say I delete with frequent regularity files 7-15+GB on
> XFS and it never takes more than a couple seconds and
> I've never seen it interfere with recording threads.  Something
> as slow as described above, 16 hours to delete 500MB...

As the thread I mentioned in my previous message describes, the
truncation patch quite effectively deletes files (in my case, with my
settings, at about 120MB/minute), although, again, I can't speak
specifically to the performance of the particular patch in SVN. I'm
forced to use it because my NAS uses EXT3 and can't be changed;
believe me, if I could, I'd rather use JFS or XFS myself.