[mythtv-users] LVM Problem -- Please Help

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) glandix at lloydnet.org
Sat Aug 19 02:40:47 UTC 2006

Tom+Dale wrote:

> Now I didn't know what else to try so I guessed at a few commands
> without any succes. I'm floundering here...can anyone suggest anything
> else to try?  Did I somehow lose the data?  It seems to me that I should
> be able to access it still.  I feel like I just need to tell the system
> how to find the logical volume LogVol00.  It doesn't show up under /dev,
> but I don't know if that matters.

it looks like most of what i'm seeing is vg* and pv* commands ... have
you tried any of the lv* commands?  for instance, lvdiskscan, lvscan,
lvdisplay, or lvchange?  for details on them, read the man pages, since
i just quickly ran through a few that looked like they might be related
to figuring more info out

-g-