[mythtv-users] Intel GMA 900 and HD

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 01:57:49 UTC 2006

Hi

On 8/18/06, raf <raf at raf.org> wrote:
> but that's the GMA 950, not the GMA 900. the GMA 950 is
> supposed to be much better than previous ones. i have a
> 950 but no XvMC. it seemed to handle hdtv ok when i was
> first getting it working but i chose not to bother with
> hdtv because it used up so much cpu.
Yes it's supposed to be much better for 3D ..
Do you need high 3D capabilities to display HD ? probably (certainly) not.

XvMC isn't required at all provided your CPU is fast enough. So if you
use a pentium > 2Ghz you should be fine...

Using XvMC only drops the CPU usage on my PC by about 5% at best.
JY