[mythtv-users] commercial detection always cuts off end of Colbert Report

Zach White zwhite-mythtv at darkstar.frop.org
Thu Aug 17 20:06:40 UTC 2006

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 02:57:15PM -0500, Matt wrote:
> I notice that every episode, after the final commercial break,
> the show comes back on anywhere from 5 seconds to 60 seconds; but
> rarely does it EVER show that part of the show, it always gets lumped
> in with the commercials and always gets skipped (every time).  Anyway
> that the commercial detector can be optimized or fixed so this doesn't
> happen?

I've been pondering this problem myself, and trying to decide how to best
deal with it. One of the ideas I've pondered has been a setting that could
be set to automatically toss out that part of the commercial skiplist
if it encompases the beginning or the end of the recording.

Ideally we'd have two seperate settings, one for tossing out the first
commercial break if it's at the beginning of the recording, the other for
tossing out the last commercial break if it's at the end of the recording.
This way both situations are covered, and as both Matt's post and my own
show, it's a problem for multiple users in different situations.

What's everyone else think about doing something like that?

-Zach