[mythtv-users] GeForce FX 5200 nVidia drivers? (tangent to previous post)

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Thu Aug 17 15:32:55 UTC 2006

H P Ladds wrote:
> Hey,
>
> My previous post on the same topic,  focused on selecting the proper
> architecture of the driver: 32, 64,  IA or AMD.
>
> This time I was hoping to focus the thread on the driver version.
>
> Jarod's Howto reads as follows:
>
>     Unfortunately, nVidia went and changed some things in their latest
>     driver release ..., so for the time being, stick to the 7676 release.
>

> My question is this: has the time limit of "for the time being"
> expired?  The latest version is 8762, and it is the 5th update since
> 7676.  Yum won't install the 7676 due to missing dependencies.
>
> Any success stories advice to share reguarding the  FX 5200 much
> appreciated?
>
> Thanks
lspci:
0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV34 [GeForce
FX 5200] (rev a1) (prog-if00 [VGA])

XFree86.0.log:
(II) NVIDIA X Driver  1.0-8762  Mon May 15 13:09:21 PDT 2006

I have been running this setup for 3 months (since the driver was
released) on my main frontend with no problems.

Tom