[mythtv-users] XM Radio

Thom Paine painethom at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 13:29:25 UTC 2006

> Dude! You've got me thinking now. Via 13000 Car PC with WiFi, *8 or 12 GB
> Microdrive(s), touchscreens. Heck, build a lightweight Via car pc as a
> slave for the rear seat screens.
> All you'd need now is one of those auto-tracking satellite domes for the
> roof. Ok, maybe now I'm going too far.

No, this is exactly what I'm thinking.

Dual screens up front, one for GPS, the other for everything else,
like mythvideo, mythradio, mythmusic.
The rear screens are independant, so that I can play different shows
on each one. Two bluetooth headsets for the audio for the back seats
as I could get tired of Dora the Explorer or Baby Einstein on a long
trip. Option to play the same video on all three screens if you go
somewhere with all adults.
XM radio for the radio, as I hate trying to find a radio station when
I leave my small corner of the world.
Wifi and maybe later OBD-II.

I'm ordering parts over the next few weeks, and have a nice microatx
board from www.ibt.ca that will handle a P4 because I want the
horsepower for a system of this size.
www.mp3car.com has tons of good info.

--