[mythtv-users] FFmpeg and VLC

Ben Curtis mythtv at nosolutions.com
Thu Aug 17 03:54:18 UTC 2006

Trying to get mythstreamtv working with .19 following the post from not
long ago.  I was able to get it going using RPMs for everything except I
got no audio, so I moved on to compiling from source.  So I get the latest
svn ffmpeg, and:

./configure --enable-a52 --enable-mp3lame --enable-pp --enable-gpl

Everything runs fine, and I see:

pp support       yes

so I run 'make', and move to my vlc-0.8.1 source, and run:

./configure --disable-x11 --disable-xvideo --disable-gtk --disable-sdl
--enable-ffmpeg --with-ffmpeg-mp3lame --with-ffmpeg-zlib --enable-mad
--enable-libdvbpsi --enable-a52 --disable-dvdplay --enable-dvdnav
--enable-vorbis --enable-ogg --enable-theora --enable-mkv
--enable-freetype --disable-cddax --disable-vcdx --enable-speex
--enable-flac --enable-goom --enable-livedotcom --enable-caca
--disable-skins2 --enable-modplug --enable-debug --enable-gpl
--enable-mp3lame --enable-pp
--with-ffmpeg-tree=/files/Software/mythstreamtv/ffmpeg --disable-mad

which is straight from the mythstreamtv README, plus --disable-mad.  The
lovely readme also has the same configure line for FFMPEG, but I used one
from a forum.  In any event, the vlc configure gives me:

configure: error:
/files/Software/mythstreamtv/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libavcodec.a was not
compiled with postprocessing support, make sure you configured ffmpeg with
--enable-pp

Yet I compiled it with --enable-pp and the configure showed me it was
there.  Any hints?

Thanks!
Ben