[mythtv-users] unicoded filenames in mythvideo

Dawning Sky the.dawning.sky at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 18:44:56 UTC 2006

On 8/15/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 08/14/2006 11:09 PM, Dawning Sky wrote:
>
> >I used to be able to display unicoded Chinese filenames in mythvideo
> >without problem.  But after a recent "yum update" from atrpms, all
> >those characters are displayed as small squares.  Don't know what
> >happened.
> >
> >Can anyone offer any hint?
> >

> fonts

I played around with all kinds of fonts and no use.  It seems a
problem with KDE, or at least a problem with KDE on FC5.  Those
unicoded filenanes aren't displayed correctly in Konqueror either.  I
didn't have this problem until fairly recently.

No I had to switch the locale from en_US.UTF-8 to zh_CN.UTF-8 to get
around this problem.

DS