[mythtv-users] which NVIDIA video card do I need

sdkovacs sdkovacs at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 15:10:25 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'm running a combined frontend/backend On Fedora Core 3 with a P3-800
384MB RAM. I'm currently using a PVR350 for all output, but would like
to switch to an Nvidia card to better support DVD, mythgame and
mythvideo, along with the upcoming OpenGL changes.
So here are my questions:

1) Which Nvidia card would be the minimum I would need to have smooth playback?
2) Does it make a difference which manufacturer's card I purchase? For
example is eVGA ok?

Thanks in advance.