[mythtv-users] Disk space is not freed from deleted recording until mythbackend exits

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 14:53:25 UTC 2006

Jim,

Have you tried syncing your disks?  Try deleting a recording from the
frontend and then issuing a 'sync' command.  This should commit any buffered
disk activity to the hard drives.

You can also try adding the 'sync' option to your fstab file for your myth
partition.  That way Linux will mount the drive and perform synchronous I/O
whenever changes are made (i.e. changes are committed immediately).  Running
with 'sync' may degrade HD performance, depending on how much I/O takes
place on that disk.  But it might be worth a try.  (Note: a reboot or
re-mount of the partition will be necessary for this to take effect).

- Joe