[mythtv-users] Need a Perfect 50Hz 1280x720 Modeline

James Buckley xanium4332 at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 16 09:59:19 UTC 2006

Hi, I need a modeline that gives 50Hz exatly, I find most calculation sites
/ programs round the refresh rate (mostly to 2dp), however I would like a
perfect 50Hz to hopefully stop Bob deinterlaced video from jumping every
couple of seconds.

What I find is, with BOB deinterlacing, the OSD flickers (obviously), but I
find that the picture "moves" up and down every second or so. This is
especially noticible on hard horizontal lines and text. If I look at the
menu text (in-video), I notice the black lining of the text changes
thickness (alternating from the top part of a character to the bottom). This
is annoying because it causes text to have a non-linear thickness, and block
graphics change size (again every other second).

I think this is caused by having a not quite perfect 50Hz modeline

I used xtiming, and used a refresh rate that causes xtiming to report that
the actual refresh rate is 50Hz (for the generated modeline). xvidtune
reports that my refresh is 50.00Hz, however I can't think of any other
reason for the jumpyness.

Heres my modeline:
Modeline "1280x720 at 50" 59.35 1280 1312 1536 1568 720 735 741 757

Any help would be great...

Thanks in advance, James