[mythtv-users] Mythwelcome sometimes won't shutdown

Brian Steele steele.brian at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 04:22:09 UTC 2006

On 8/15/06, Calvin Harrigan <charriglists at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Brian Steele wrote:
>
> I'm not sure if the bug is in mythwelcome or not.  I used to use my own
> program similar to mythwelcome that got the upcoming recordings
> information from mythbackend and it exhibited the same problem.  Even
> worst my program would be called from mythbackend during startup with
> the parameter of wheter or not the system woke up for a recording or
> manual power up.  I think the parameter was "user" or "auto".  If I
> powered on the system manually during the time that a recording was
> scheduled, though disabled for whatever reason it would indicate that
> the system is in automode, thus my program would never start the
> frontend, then the system would shutdown because a frontend didn't
> connect in the alloted time.  I know I could work around this by
> blocking shutdown before the connection of the backend, but that would
> hamper some other personalized settings on the system.  I had hoped that
> this would have been fixed in 0.19, because of the inclusion of
> mythwelcome, but alas it wasn't.  I've brought it up before, but it
> didn't get any traction.  Maybe this time?  Just my $.02

I think you're right, this is most likely a bug in mythbackend.  I actually
tried to fix the problem you are talking about in 0.18 when I changed the
code on my machine to avoid shutdown when there were user jobs pending but I
didn't spend enough time to do it right.  Maybe I'll take another crack at
it and see if I can't get a patch included in 0.20.