[mythtv-users] Babelbox: A potentially useful new low-cost frontend?

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Wed Aug 16 04:05:17 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 16 August 2006 04:49, Luke Rosenthal wrote:
> Would MythFrontend work on PC104 hardware?  633mHz processor, 256mb RAM,
> 20gb IDE laptop hard drive, onboard everything (inc 100mbit LAN,
> integrated graphics, not sure what kind).  I've got FC3 running on it
> fine, but not X, yet.

Theoretically, I think it should be able to do standard def. though X is kind
of a pre-requirement ;-) It'll also depend on the graphics chip possibly too.
You'd want a minimalist window manager/desktop environment though with only
256 MB RAM. A full modern KDE/Gnome distro will make a big dent in that, and
starting the frontend will likely make the frontend very sluggish.

Can't really help with the other stuff. Heck, I don't think I've ever even
played around with a normal X-Box, let alone as a frontend.
--
Steve Boddy