[mythtv-users] GeForce FX 5200 Nvidia drivers?

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) glandix at lloydnet.org
Tue Aug 15 22:12:16 UTC 2006

H P Ladds wrote:
> Thanks Chad,
>
> I agree, unfortunately the only 32 bit option I can find is an IA32
> driver. I don't think I should use it. Seems odd that there is a 64 bit
> driver, but no 32 bit AMD. Perhaps this fact implies that the 64 bit
> driver works on a 32 bit system. I was hoping to learn of other's
> success with this driver on 32 bit machine. Perhaps I should look
> at a legacy driver?
>
>     Linux Display Driver - IA32
>
>     Version: 1.0-8762
>     Operating System: Linux IA32
>     Release Date: May 22, 2006

i don't know that the IA32 driver is specific to Intel processor ... i
think they really just mean "32-bit driver" ... i've used the IA32
driver on AMD machines before (so far, only on 32-bit AMDs) without any
issues ...

the AMD64/EM64T driver should work on any (?) 64-bit processor as far as
i know ... EM64T is Intel, so essentially saying "AMD64/EM64T" would be
the same as "64-bit AMD/Intel" ... just like "IA32" would be the same as
saying "32-bit" ...

hope this helps,
-g-