[mythtv-users] DVB error message in backend - any idea?

Matthias Thyroff lists at thyroff.net
Tue Aug 15 18:31:44 UTC 2006

Hello everybody,

I have sporadic stability problems on my frontend; this time I checked and
found an error message in the backend log:

2006-08-15 19:53:32.015 DVB#0 ERROR - Failed to set demux buffer size (pid 18)
          (12) Cannot allocate memory

This happened after booting the frontend and entering into live tv mode; the
screen showed the channel info, signal strength as always, (LAM) and Locked;
but no program; back did not work, the frontend was unresponsive. After three
minutes or so, the frontend crashed and was closed; after restarting the
frontend and retrying to enter live tv, it worked.

The DVB card is a Technisat Skystar2 DVB-S card.

Is there something I can do about this?

Thanks and best regards,

	Matthias