[mythtv-users] High CPU utilization for first 5 minutes of Live TV

Rett D. Walters rettw at rtwnetwork.com
Tue Aug 15 03:01:02 UTC 2006

Hi -

I am relatively new to Mythtv, but so far I have gotten a multiple
frontend and backend (3 tuners in 3 machines)
system going so far, and it works very well.  The only strange thing I
am seeing is on one frontend, I see very
high X process CPU utilization during live tv playback - but only for
the first 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, the
cpu drops to about 10% total, with Mythfrontend using about 7 % and X
using about 3%.

I am using the Bob 2x deinterlacer, and an Nvidia 6600GT PCI-E graphics
card in an AMD 64 3800+ system.

The system is compiled for 64 bits.  If I use the Kernel Deinterlacer,
it doesn't exhibit the behavior, but the
picture quality isn't as good.

This issue also occurs during recorded TV playback, not just live TV.
Its not really a big issue, since the
High CPU goes away, I am just curious if anyone has noticed this...

Anyone have any Ideas on this one?

Here is my system details:

AMD 64 3800+
MSI Neo4 Platinum (Nforce 4)