[mythtv-users] Alsa SPDIF NForce4

Timothy Bish tabish at twcny.rr.com
Mon Aug 14 22:42:05 UTC 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Michael T. Dean
Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2006 10:50 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Alsa SPDIF NForce4

On 08/13/2006 10:39 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 08/13/2006 10:26 PM, William wrote:
>
>> Get the asoundrc
>>
> from the DigitalSoundHowTo

> I guess I could give the link...
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/DigitalSoundHowTo#
> Setting_up_ALSA.27s_.asoundrc.2C_Properly

So according to this I would loose the AC3 / DTS passthrough, which is not
what I'd want as I wanted to use Xine to play my DVDs and passthrough the
Dolby Digital and DTS streams to my Denon.

You hinted that this could be fixed with changes to the conf file?

This seems like such a common thing to want to do, I don't know why its so
complicated.