[mythtv-users] Installation on EPIA VIA EN15000

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Aug 14 18:24:59 UTC 2006

White Joe wrote:
> I am planning a MythTV FE/BE on an EPIA EN15000 using the instructions
> at _http://groundstate.ca/c3mythtv_ as a HOWTO springboard.  Does anyone
> in the know have any comments on the instructions supplied there, or
> suggestions as to a better source of authoritative knowledge?

You probably do not now need to follow all of the steps to rebuild the
video drivers. Distro specific binaries are available through the
openchrome site.

The listings of required packages in that article was extremely helpful
for me.

Jarod Wilson's site may be specific to Fedora but it gives an excellent
step-through of the process whatever distro you are using. Lots oif
authoritative help and tips there.

My SP13000 hardware was recognized without problems by Mandriva, but I
ended up going to Fedora 4 (and now 5), in part because the openchrome
drivers were more advanced on Fedora.

I have been looking at getting an EN15000 because it is the first Via
motherboard with a TV-Out chipset which is actually capable of doing HD
output (The chips prior to the VT1615 are limited to 1024x1024 max).

Whatever your distro, you will likely spend time at openchrome if it is
HD that you want.

Geoff