[mythtv-users] Tivo-ish media player options [Feature Suggestion] [Virtual TV Station]

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Mon Aug 14 15:58:27 UTC 2006

> off. Does any of the Myth integrated stuff
> or external video players do this sort of

 Myth's internal player does support bookmarks.
 And if you use the Internal player for mythvideo you can bookmark
those as well.

> reason (including the daily power hit), I
> would like to not lose my place in the show.

 The myth bookmarking features wont be helpful
with a poweroutage since the bookmark is only made when you either
exit the recording or explicitly tell it to bookmark.

> 80 Trek episdoes, it would be nice to just
> have a stream of them that you pick up when
> you want to... like a virtual TV station.

 There are basic playlist abilities when watching recordings
but I've not really explored them much. I think I saws a shuffle/random
option in there. No idea if such abilities are in mythvideo offhand.