[mythtv-users] Can't solve a problem with Skipping/Fast Forwarding

Stephen Robertson stephengrobertson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 09:06:36 UTC 2006

I've got a problem when watching recordings that Fast Forward and Rewind as
well as skipping doesn't work. Ocassionally it will fast forward correctly
at 3x but most of the time it "gets stuck" cycling through the same few
frames.  When I go back to play it doesn't seem to be consistent what
happens, sometimes it has actually worked, sometimes it jumps back to where
I started from, and sometimes it goes straight to the end of the recording.
My setup is a backend running SVN 10734 and a frontend running MiniMyth
(Myth SVN 10355).  It doesn't appear to be a performance issue with either
setup or the networking.  Also I've checked using another frontend on a
laptop and skipping etc works fine.  So I'm pretty confident that the issue
lies with the Frontend.  I've seen sugestions that this behaviour can be
caused by NTP issues.  I think that I have got this configured correctly.

I have to say I am at a loss what to look at next.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Stephen.