[mythtv-users] Alsa SPDIF SP13000 (via8237)

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Aug 14 00:31:53 UTC 2006

A common problem this week it seems is getting all parts of Mythtv to
output via SPDIF!

My hardware seems to work OK in that xine setup in passthrough mode is
fine and I can use "aplay -D spdif xxx.wav" but I can't find the hardware
device that actually outputs to the SPDIF connector. ie. "aplay -D
hw:0,0,3 xxx.wav" does nothing. This means I can't map the hardware to a
virtual device to set up rate conversion etc.

Device 0 has 4 subdevices - tried all of them, nowt...
Device 1 has 1 subdevice - no luck there either.

It seems that maybe alsa has a bug (I'm using 1.0.11) such that there is
no mapping to a hw device for the SPDIF output? Anyone with an Epia
SP13000 had any luck?

My editor is poised over Mike Dean's .asoundrc file to make the necessary
changes...

--
Robin Gilks