[mythtv-users] 0.19 + Mythstreamtv + Ubuntu Dapper?

Robert May robtmay at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 00:14:08 UTC 2006

Does anyone have mythstreamtv working properly with Ubuntu? I can get
it stream video but I get errors for sound. I'm using mythstreamtv
0.98 available from: http://jogibear9988.dyndns.org:2080/
I have installed ffmpeg from the main repository and vlc from this repo:

deb http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/dapper-i386 /

The error:
Starting Stream of /Mythtv/Recordings/1059_20060813030000.mpg VLC
media player 0.8.5 Janus [00000274] main interface: creating httpd
[00000293] ffmpeg encoder error: cannot find encoder MPEG Audio layer
1/2/3 [00000280] stream_out_transcode private error: cannot find
encoder [00000280] stream_out_transcode private error: cannot create
audio chain [00000291] main packetizer error: cannot create packetizer
output (mpga)

I have also tried building vlc from source with no success. Even using
the ubuntu source package compiling fails. Ffmpeg builds fine and I
have tried various sources (svn, ubuntu source package, released
stable source code) but I'm pretty sure the problem lies in vlc.