[mythtv-users] SBS Mebourne DVB Linux 2.6.16 mythtv broken

Ben debian-list at blueturtles.com
Sun Aug 13 22:06:01 UTC 2006

Maybe Myth is giving up on the lock too early. I think there is a lock
>> time-out setting for each card in Mythtv-setup, perhaps increasing this
>> will work?
>>
> Have you tried this? I'm back in 2.6.15 and only want to go back to 2.6.17 if
> I know it's going to work.
>
> Philip

No,
     I haven't needed to try it, but I did have problems with dvico
fusion cards not gaining lock (search this list for zero length
recording) about a year ago.  The fix was to include an option to
increase the time-out threshold as some cards are quite slow to tune,
and this has been included in 0.19.  Since then I have moved to kworld
cards, without problem so no need to try increasing the time-out.
You mention that you are reluctant to go back to 2.6.17, why not simply
set grub/ lilo so you can boot whichever kernel you like to test if this
fix will work?

-- Ben