[mythtv-users] Fast Forward locks up mythfrontend

Jeff Seifert jeff at the-seiferts.com
Sat Aug 12 15:40:44 UTC 2006

I've been having this issue since I started using MythTV (0.18) and
still haven't found a fix for it.

My current MythTV Box setup:
AMD 64 3000+ CPU
1 GB RAM
750 GB of HD Space (RAID0)
1 Hauppauge PVR-350
2 Hauppauge PVR-500

So there are five TV tuners in this system.  I recently upgraded to the
SVN version of MythTV.  I was running 0.19.

It seems like sometimes when you are watching a recording, and you fast
forward, it will fast forward for a little bit and lock up.  It does not
do this every time you fast forward, but it doesn happen on a daily basis.

If you wait like 3 or 4 minutes, the frontend will become responsive
again and pick up where it left off.

Any suggestions?