[mythtv-users] Modeline adjustments?

Tim Scholl tascholl at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 20:39:33 UTC 2006

On 8/11/06, Daniel Walton <dwalton at cisco.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Aug 2006, Tim Scholl wrote:
>
> > Looks like I am making progress.
> > I upgraded the Nvida drivers from 1.0-7174 to the lastest 1.0-8762
> >
> > After doing that I tired my orignal XF86Config-4 (the one that had the
> left
> > hand side of what should be the normal display,  is in the middle of the
> > screen!!)
> >
> > Now with the new drivers installed it now Displays correctly!!   (the
> > problem was with the 1.0-7174 drivers)
> >
> > The ony problem now is to get the menus sized correctly.  they are a
> little
> > to tall and too wide.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>
> You may need to set the DisplaySize in your XF86Config-4 file
>

> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Q:_All_my_fonts_look_like_they_are_the_wrong_sizes.2C_how_can_I_correct_this.3F
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Display_Size
>
> Daniel
>
> Thanks for the links!  I checked them out but looks like the display is
> being overscaned on all four sides.

I'm wondering how to control the width and height by changing the numbers.
> I check out

    http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/XFree86-Video-Timings-HOWTO/
    and it suggests

"Switch to a higher card clock speed. If you have multiple modes in your
clock file, possibly a     lower-speed one is being activated"

   I've found a Clocks pram is valid for the XF86Config-4.  Now I'm trying
to figure out what values are valid.

Tim

--
Tim Scholl