[mythtv-users] Hardware suggestions

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Fri Aug 11 15:07:27 UTC 2006

Alan Anderson wrote:

> Hi
>
> I too have been looking at the Antec Fusion case for my next front end.
>
> From the response and reviews it sounds like its as quiet as they say, so
> should be good in the living room.  I'll move the Antec Overture into the
> basement and make it a dedicated backend.
>
> Anybody know for sure if there is a linux driver for the VFD?   I have read
> several reviews on the case  and so far they have mentioned linux drivers but
> so far nothing specific.
>
> Slightly off topic I guess  my apologies.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Alan Anderson

Interesting case. I have the Antec NSK2400, but this one is tempting.
However, I am not a fan of DVD drive doors in cases.

According to this review
<http://www.sudhian.com/index.php?/articles/show/antec_fusion_review/>,
the case uses the Soundgraph iMon USB VFD for which there is lirc and
lcdproc support <http://venky.ws/projects/imon/>.