[mythtv-users] Frontend sometimes reports MPEG2 errors (DVB-C)

Osma Ahvenlampi oa at iki.fi
Fri Aug 11 10:42:28 UTC 2006

On to, 2006-08-10 at 14:48 +0200, Thomas Börkel wrote:
> That's right. Is it worth switching from ffmpeg to the other one in
> the settings?

My experience is that ffmpeg is less vulnerable to these errors. I base
this not on MythTV itself, but on mplayer -vfm ffmpeg correctly playing
back recordings which exhibit corrupted display with mplayer -vfm
libmpeg2 or when transcoded with mythtranscode (which I apparently can
not configure to use ffmpeg on ATrpms 0.19-fixes binaries).

--
Osma Ahvenlampi   <oa at iki.fi>    http://www.fishpool.org