[mythtv-users] Serial remote works with irw not with mythfrontend?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 23:57:46 UTC 2006

I've got my old Sigma designs serial remote connected to my new
bedroom frontend. I got lirc working with it, and IRW confirms that it
receives the signals properly. But for the life of me I can't get
mythfrontend to work with it. I've got my lircrc file in .mythtv and

$ mythfrontend --version
Library API version: 0.19.20060121-2
Source code version: 10686M
Options compiled in:
 linux debug using_v4l using_oss using_alsa using_ivtv using_lirc
using_dvb using_dvb_eit using_x11 using_xv using_dvdnav using_xrandr
using_xvmc using_opengl_vsync using_frontend using_backend

shows using_lirc, so it should be talking to lirc but when I run
mythfrontend and press buttons on the remote nothing happens and I
don't see the red light on the receiver blink like it does when irw is
running.

I've got lirc running  on my other frontend with a usb based remote,
so this is really baffling me...

anyone have any ideas as to what I may have missed in all this?

Thanks!

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!